Panasonic FZ200

Plattform für technische und gestalterische Fragen und Antworten zu m.objects, der Hersteller beteiligt sich gerne...
Antworten
Henk Tulp
Panasonic FZ200

Beitrag von Henk Tulp »

I want to insect a video from a Panasonic FZ200. Works ok except when I want to separate the sound. Then only a part of the soundtrack is generated, just a few seconden.Beside that: making a wmv file with the transcoder is not possible at all. Does anybody knows a solution?

I wollte ein video einfugen aber es klapt nicht when ich die sound separate wollte. Nur einige seconde. Auch die WMV klapt nicht?
Was ist die losung?

Vielen dank
beamer
Wohnort: Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Planet Earth, Europe, Germany
Re: Panasonic FZ200

Beitrag von beamer »

Hello Henk,

to my knowledge the video format from FZ200 is AVCDH MPEG-4/H.264. Correct? This format can be played directly in Mobjects only when the correct decoder is installed on your PC. Or you have the new Mobjects version v6.0, which includes already this decoding features. What version o Mobjects are you using?

Do you mean with sound separation the two times drag and drop of one video file to the image track AND the audio track? The audio channel is then automatically created from the video file and the video sound can be muted.

If it does not work with v6.0 or with v5.2 and e.g. the additional CoreAVC decoder, I would really convert all video files to WMV video and separated MP3 audio. I mute the WMV audio part, because I like individual audio volume control in Mobjects. For good WMV/MP3 conversion you have to look for a convenient videoconverter. The mobjects transcoder is not suitable for all video sources, but can be used well for testing. There are quite some other converter candidates existing and this for free. See my signature "video -> wmv" for a selection of conversion tools.

Since I always convert all my videos to WMV/MP3 I do not know exactly what is required for correct Mobjects EXE generation if you have embedded H.264 video files in Mobjects. Perhaps the EXE runs then only on a PC with correct H.264 decoder? One reason for me to create WMV/MP3 is the fact, that Mobjects creates EXE with the complete video file embedded. If you need only a small video part in your presentation the EXE file becomes much smaller, if you embed only what you need. For this I keep my original video files as they are and create only the WMV/MP3 durations which are needed.

Regards from Thomas
m.objects v10.1 pro, (see forum: Video Transcoding , Textschatten) | www.av-dialog.de | www.mtlc.eu/dam
| SW: ExifTool, ImageMagick, Drawio, Gimp, Processing, JPhotoTagger, DigiKam, MusicBee, DarkTable, jAlbum | HW: Pentax K-30 + Win10pro64/GTX1050ti |
Henk Tulp

Beitrag von Henk Tulp »

Thanks for you reaction Thomas,
I,m very much familiar with mobjects. I'm using the latest verion and I also installed CoreAVC. I discovered, as you already mentioned that the mobjects transcoder is not always working. The problem is that with some files out of the same panasonic FZ200 it's impossible to separate the sound, at least not the whole track.Listening without separating one can hear the sound over the totall length of the track, But when separating (the old methode or the new one doesn't give a difference) the soundtrack is only a part of the whole track, just a few seconden. As far as I can deduced I seems a wrong or demages file, but mobjects does not give a warning AND with no separation its OK. So only when I separate the sound it generates an error. The other issue is that I cannot generate a WMF file of these video clips.
So its still a puzzle.
AndreasM

Beitrag von AndreasM »

Hi Henk,

English isn't my native language (sorry about that), so I hopefully understand your problems correctly.

Since a few months, I use this software (freeware) to convert clips for my COWON J3 (a mp3-player that also play videos):
XMedia Recode
http://www.xmedia-recode.de/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It includes a lot of different formats and based on ffmpeg, similar as m.objects. So I'm not sure if a conversion respectively a separating into a video- and sound-file is successful. (Btw xmedia-recode allow to copy the content of a clip into a new file(s) without conversion).

But maybe you could give it a try.

Good luck.
Andreas
beamer
Wohnort: Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Planet Earth, Europe, Germany

Beitrag von beamer »

Hello Henk,

I can only support the proposal from Andreas. XMediaRecode is also one of my favorite free tools for video/audio conversion. It is fast and the configuration is relatively simple. Best is to try first different bit rates to be used best for Mobjects. I use it very often to convert videos to WMV/WMA video/audio and separate MP3. This is the ideal input for Mobjects and of course the audio part of WMV video is muted in Mobjects, because I use the separate MP3 for audio. The benefit with both audio in MP3 and audio in the WMV is the fact, that you can control temporarily with the audio stream in WMV if a different starting time of video and audio in Mobjects is adjusted correctly. MediaCoder and Super are some other free tools from my footer summary "video -> wmv", which can help. If you need help with this long german posting, just send a private message.

With all the available free tools I never had problems to convert any video files. However I did not find one single tool which is able to convert every format, so I am using multiple tools. You just have to try if your specific files can be converted so that they can be imported correctly in Mobjects. Playback of a WMV file in a player software does not necessarily mean, that the import in Mobjects will be successful. VLC player for example is so robust, that it can play back bad, defect files which cannot be used or played in other applications. Apparently a couple of converters can create defect or erroneous video files, which are not useful for all hard- and software.

Regards, Thomas
m.objects v10.1 pro, (see forum: Video Transcoding , Textschatten) | www.av-dialog.de | www.mtlc.eu/dam
| SW: ExifTool, ImageMagick, Drawio, Gimp, Processing, JPhotoTagger, DigiKam, MusicBee, DarkTable, jAlbum | HW: Pentax K-30 + Win10pro64/GTX1050ti |
Antworten