Can't run exe of show that contains video

Plattform für technische und gestalterische Fragen und Antworten zu m.objects, der Hersteller beteiligt sich gerne...
Antworten
MikeOates

Can't run exe of show that contains video

Beitrag von MikeOates »

I have another problem. This time when running an exe file...

Using m-objects v5.0 Build 2166 and Windows 7. I have made a show that is very simple and has only two title slides and four video clips and one audio track. The video clips were AVI which I converted to WMV using the WMV Transcoder v1.10. The video files are 640 x 480.

I can create an mpeg file and that runs ok, but if I make an exe file, that does not run, instead I get the following message:

Bild

I also tried to run the exe in Windows XP on another PC and that also did not work. The exe file is 2.6GB and the length of the show is 3min 45sec long. I do not get any error messages when creating the runtime exe.

If I click on the "Check online for a solution..." that does nothing.

Thank you,

Mike
beamer
Wohnort: Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Planet Earth, Europe, Germany
Re: Can't run exe of show that contains video

Beitrag von beamer »

MikeOates hat geschrieben:... I also tried to run the exe in Windows XP on another PC and that also did not work. The exe file is 2.6GB and the length of the show is 3min 45sec long. I do not get any error messages when creating the runtime exe...Mike
Hello Mike,
what makes me hesitate, is the big file size of 2.6 GByte for only 4 minutes with low resolution 640x480 videos. Did you "cut" some original video inside mobjects? That should be avoided, because the complete video files are always stored in the exe. Only workaround is to cut large video files before importing them. Of course fine cutting in mobjects makes still sense.

Another approach is to start step by step with 1, 2, 3, ... embedded video files. Or may be only one file is the reason for problems.

Regards from the Beamer
Zuletzt geändert von beamer am 24.09.10, 0:11, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
m.objects v10.1 pro, (see forum: Video Transcoding , Textschatten) | www.av-dialog.de | www.mtlc.eu/dam
| SW: ExifTool, ImageMagick, Drawio, Gimp, Processing, JPhotoTagger, DigiKam, MusicBee, DarkTable, jAlbum | HW: Pentax K-30 + Win10pro64/GTX1050ti |
MikeOates

Beitrag von MikeOates »

Rudy,

Your a star, there are two actual videos and I used two cuts from each, yes I edited them in m.objects a total of about 30 mins long. I did not know the whole video was retained in the final exe file!

Now I will have to start again and re-edit in another program, which I don't have (any ideas for a free one for AVI files just to cut bits out?) I will also have to re-sync the audio to video, it took me hours to get it just right :(

Mike
beamer
Wohnort: Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Planet Earth, Europe, Germany
Beitrag von beamer »

MikeOates hat geschrieben:Beamer, Your a star, there are two actual videos and I used two cuts from each, yes I edited them in m.objects a total of about 30 mins long. I did not know the whole video was retained in the final exe file!

Now I will have to start again and re-edit in another program, which I don't have (any ideas for a free one for AVI files just to cut bits out?) I will also have to re-sync the audio to video, it took me hours to get it just right :( Mike
Hello Mike,
yes mobjects is not able to cut videos for exe production. That would be nice but much more than we should expect. With video export there is no cutting, but reencoding of the whole screen show taking place (that is something else). The difference is therefor, that with video export there is loss and with exe there is no loss of screen quality. (BTW: If you use multiple different cuts of one video file, there is of course only one video stored in the exe. So only the total non used video length defines the waste of memory)

You find some tools for transcoding and cutting in my signature link xxxx2wmv (sorry: please use http://babelfish.yahoo.com or something else for translation from DE to EN). I use the first seven conversion tools regularly and with very good results. Most of them are also able to cut. The advantage with smaller video files is also that mobjects import and preview generation is now much faster.

Why did it take hours to syncronize? When the video includes syncronized audio/video it should be ok. When you separate audio and video, which is required for exe export, you just place a copy of the video file in the audio trace and disable video sound. When you cut, you just have to copy the time (mm:ss) from video to audio object properties to achieve exactly the same timing. Was I clear enough?

Regards from the Beamer
Zuletzt geändert von beamer am 24.09.10, 0:12, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
m.objects v10.1 pro, (see forum: Video Transcoding , Textschatten) | www.av-dialog.de | www.mtlc.eu/dam
| SW: ExifTool, ImageMagick, Drawio, Gimp, Processing, JPhotoTagger, DigiKam, MusicBee, DarkTable, jAlbum | HW: Pentax K-30 + Win10pro64/GTX1050ti |
MikeOates

Beitrag von MikeOates »

beamer hat geschrieben:Why did it take hours to syncronize? When the video includes syncronized audio/video it should be ok. When you separate audio and video, which is required for exe export, you just place a copy of the video file in the audio trace and disable video sound. When you cut, you just have to copy the time (mm:ss) from video to audio object properties to achieve exactly the same timing. Was I clear enough?

Regards from Rudy
Rudy,

Well what I did was shoot two videos at the same time of the same subject from different angles so that I can fade from one to the other a few times and the audio was recorded separately with no sync between any.

The subject was a piano player with close ups of the hands. There was also two takes and I used parts from both takes, so this was 4 separate videos and a single audio so getting sync from all was difficult, mainly because m.objects is not designed to allow fine adjustment of the audio or video tracks easily.

I have tried a demo program and made four separate short clips put those into the show and I can now make the exe file to work :)

So thank you for your help.

Mike
Antworten