Canon 300D

Plattform für technische und gestalterische Fragen und Antworten zu m.objects, der Hersteller beteiligt sich gerne...
Antworten
Harold

Canon 300D

Beitrag von Harold »

The Canon acquisition module does not seem to work properly with the Canon 300D.
I simply take pictures of my slide roll films by using a slide copy accessory ( not by taking pictures from the projectors) and the camera is connected to the PC by USB cable. The programme recognises the camera as a "Eos Kiss Rebel 300"
Slides are not placed in either the A or the B carier and when the acquisition is finished the build 2048 freezes !

Who can help ?

Thanks,

Harold
m.objects
Site Admin
Beitrag von m.objects »

Dear Harold,

The Canon acquisition module v1.5 that comes with v3.3 and newer is designed to work - among others - with the Canon 300D.
You will have to start the process in the "manual" mode instead of "automatic" though, if you intend to use the Canon Slide Copy accessory instead of Slide Projectors. In this mode, no tray transport is initiated by m.objects. This would make no sense. You will have to place your Slides into the Slide Copy extension one by one and then trigger the process manually by pressing the "Digitize"-Button.
The camera has to be set to the Playback Mode, the mode for PC communication.
Do not use the release button of your camera in this application. Pressing "Digitize" in m.objects results in transferring the image directly to the PC instead of writing it to the CF card. For this reason, no CF card is required for the image acquisition by m.objects.

I hope this will help you.

Best regards,
Steffen Richter
Harold

Canon 300D

Beitrag von Harold »

Hello Mr Richter,

When you have about 1500 uncut slides in strips of 36 pictures waiting to be programmed in m.objects...
It does make sense to try and digitise them without using the projectors.
I did not try the camera in PC communication mode although I wonder... as the camera is connected via USB when I switch it on I have to cancel the Canon's own acquisition programme so I suppose it is already in PC connection mode, but I'll try it tonight!
If I have to scan each slide separately, makes no sense when I can do it far more quickly by using Canon's capture programme.
[b]I think I understand where the problem really is!!!
[/b]
In automatic mode in mobjects it is not the digitised slides that are placed in tray A or tray B ( in m.object ) as selected by the user before scaning but the contrary is actually hapening... the user is asked to select from which projector tray the slides will be projected and scanned into m.objects?
If my analysis is right then there is a bad message given to the user, confusing message about the order of the procedure.

Have a nice weekend,

Thanks,

Harold
Harold

Canon acuisition BUG

Beitrag von Harold »

Ok, tested thoroughly there is indeed a bug !

First of all: you can scan pictures directly from the camera ( without using your projectors) in automatic mode. What you cannot do is get them into the lightdesk because then m.objects FREEZES completely! What you have to do is after the scaning has completed, close this module and close the file/scanner selection window. Then you can return to the file selection window and select all the scanned pictures and they will appear on the lightdesk.

There is another bug. The preview does not show the cropped selection from the preview in the scanner/aquisition window ( the magenta framed cropping is not reflected in the preview) but it does indeed scan only the cropped selection.

There is something I would also classify as a bug in the lightdesk. If you erase all the pictures that were once before on the lightdesk but you erase them using your XP explorer instead of doing it from within m.objects; then they remain "symbolically" on the lightdesk marked with a red cross. But if you then select other pictures to be included on the lightdesk that doesn't work anymore because the space is "theoretically" occupied by the "ghost" pictures that were erased.

A tip, if you scan your slides using a zoom copier, DO NOT zoom!
Scan at a higher resolution in m.objects, leave the zoom at it's lowest position ( smallest picture in your camera viewer ) crop your selection in m.objects in the aquisition preview and you will have a much sharper scan without far edge blur and chromatic aberations!

Harold
Antworten