HDTV and ATI RADION 9800 on a Dell Inspiron 9100

Plattform für technische und gestalterische Fragen und Antworten zu m.objects, der Hersteller beteiligt sich gerne...
Antworten
Patrick De Bruyne

HDTV and ATI RADION 9800 on a Dell Inspiron 9100

Beitrag von Patrick De Bruyne »

I use Mobjects v3.3 in combination with a Sanyo beamer PLVZ2 (1280x720).
So far, no problem on my desktop PC (P4, 2,8 Ghz, 512 Mb RAM) with a Nvidia Geforce 5600 XT (256 Mb RAM).
When I connect the beamer on a (fast) laptop Dell Inspiron 9100 (P4, 3,2 Ghz, 1 Gb RAM) with a ATI RADION 9800 (256 Mb RAM), I can not install the HDTV resolution 1280x720 for fully use of the beamer's capacities.
I surched for a driver on the ATI site and found something about CATALYST 4.6 Display Drivers, called User Defined Component Video HDTV Mode, such as 1280 by 720 pixels (http://www.ati.com/support/faq/hdtvuser ... modes.html)
Is this the right driver for my problem ?
Thank you for helping me.
Friendly Regards,
Patrick De Bruyne
Belgium
Dirk Rosenthal

Beitrag von Dirk Rosenthal »

Hello Patrick,

i´m using the tool *Power Strip* to install the the resolution 1280x720 with my Panasonic Beamer PT-AE 500 E.
With all Catalyst driver for my Radeon 9600 XT that i try out, i can´t use this resolution.

So i´m trying a Graphiccard with FX 5200 Chipset, here is the resolution with 1280x720 pixel possible, with no problems.

I hope you understand my little bit Schoolenglish

Nice greetings to Belgium
Dirk
m.objects
Site Admin
Beitrag von m.objects »

Hello Patrick and Dirk!

Yes, PowerStrip is the Program you will need for "teaching" your graphics adapter to use the 720p resolution if not supported innately.

We managed to activate this resolution on any ATI Radeon and NVidia GeForce so far. In fact, in some cases it took 2 or 3 attempts with restarting the machine. All desired timing values for 720p can be found as a preset inside PowerStrip, so you won't have to deal with any of the strange pixel, us and ms values.
Once the desired resolution is installed, Powerstrip may be closed and even removed from the system. The possibility to switch to the new resolution at any time using the Windows Display Settings will persist.

If you still have problems, please let me know!

Best regards,
Steffen Richter
Werner Hoffmann

Beitrag von Werner Hoffmann »

Hello !

While I absolutely agree with Steffen Richter´s statement, I´d like to add an other alternative. On the Webpage http://www.omegadrivers.net/ you find very interesting third-party-drivers for the ATI Radeon adapters, and also for other graphic cards. They deliver a broad range of resolutions (among them all the HDTV-resolutions) without the need of any manual preconfiguration. Besides this, these drivers offer some very interesting additional possibilities, like changes of the graphic adapter´s clock speed, changes of the Direct-X-parameters and many more. Especially the Direct-X-parameter adjustment may lead to a visible quality enhancement in some critical images and sequences (a hint: if anything jerks, push the Direct-X-sliders towards "quality"). And, most important, these drivers are very stable - so far, I never had the slightest trouble with them on my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro.

And no, I´m not at all affiliated with the Omega people...

Best regards
Werner Hoffmann
Patrick

Beitrag von Patrick »

Dirk, Steffen and Werner,
Thank you for helping me. I will have a try with the proposed drivers and let you now the results (pos. or neg.) asap.
Greetings,
Patrick De Bruyne
Belgium
http://home.tiscali.be/fotonline/
Antworten