maximum .exe

Plattform für technische und gestalterische Fragen und Antworten zu m.objects, der Hersteller beteiligt sich gerne...
Antworten
Henk Tulp
maximum .exe

Beitrag von Henk Tulp »

Hallo

Does anyone knows the maximum file size of an .EXE. I friend of my wants to generate an very long .exe and got a message
that its restricted 4Gb
Is this indeed the case with .EXE files. I suggested to him to generate always a MP4

Thans for your reply
hora58
Re: maximum .exe

Beitrag von hora58 »

Hello Henk,

4GB is a (Windows) system limitation. (Depends on 32Bit vs. 64 Bit and/or HD Format - FAT / NTFS)

Regards
Horst
m.objects X2023 (2610) Creative, XMG Neo 32GB und Nvidia GTX2070 Super 8GB , Win10/64 Pro ... | Mitglied bei www.av-dialog.de | ...
Christoph

Re: maximum .exe

Beitrag von Christoph »

Hi Henk,

my latest experince shows that there is a clear limit of 2GB for the EXE-file out of the operating system. Please see in the latest handbook, page 213 (english version 2021/v9) for more details.

To fit into this borderline, I reduced the JPEG compression down to 95% and if feasable for you use mp3-sound instead of wav (page 209). Additionally please take care that the video-files, if any, will not be integrated in the EXE but kept separately. It is also recommended to "TRIM" the respective video files to reduce their size.

Best regards
Christoph
Antworten