fernbedienung

Plattform für technische und gestalterische Fragen und Antworten zu m.objects, der Hersteller beteiligt sich gerne...
Antworten
Henk Tulp
fernbedienung

Beitrag von Henk Tulp »

Dear forum
When I use remote control with an EXE file the show is visuable and after ending, it returns to the picture on the timeline. Thats okay, BUT when I use a MP it is not visible, the picture/text on the time line is visuable instead of the MP4. The mp4 is hidden behind the picture of the timeline
Does anyone knows a solution or is this an error. I use the latest version of mobjects
mk-will

Re: fernbedienung

Beitrag von mk-will »

Hello, Hank,

to start with: what versíon of MO, what version of the OS is used.
And to clarify: you are calling an external video-file via a link from within your show, right?

Doing this within an EXE of that show, the window of the video is shown in front of the EXE.
Doing this from the MO timeline, the window of the video is NOT shown in front but stays behind the MO window.
Is this correct?

Stephan
Henk Tulp

Beitrag von Henk Tulp »

Hallo Stephan

to start with: what versíon of MO, what version of the OS is used.
I use m.objects X 2524 and Windows 10
And to clarify: you are calling an external video-file via a link from within your show, right?
Yes

Doing this within an EXE of that show, the window of the video is shown in front of the EXE.
Correct. if I start an EXE via the remote control it show in front, so I can view it

Doing this from the MO timeline, the window of the video is NOT shown in front but stays behind the MO window.
Is this correct
NO, If I imported a MP4 in the timeline , it show correct, but when I use remote control to start a MP4 (calling an external video, it stays behind the mo window
mk-will

Beitrag von mk-will »

Hello, Henk,

sorry for misspelling your name.

To your problem: I can't help as I do not use remote control.
Sorry.

Hope someone else has an idea.
Stephan
hora58

Beitrag von hora58 »

Hi Henk,

if I got you right - you are using the MO Remote Control Object "Open Program or Document".
Once opening an .EXE and another time a MP4 Video file.
The behavior is different - .EXE starts on top of the MO Screen - MP4 doesn't.

So - I think this is not a bug.
You should control this with the settings of your video player you're using on your machine.
E.g. "View >> on Top >> while playing" and " Play >> after playback >> exit or turn off monitor"

Hope that helps a bit

Regards
Horst
m.objects X2023 (2610) Creative, XMG Neo 32GB und Nvidia GTX2070 Super 8GB , Win10/64 Pro ... | Mitglied bei www.av-dialog.de | ...
Henk Tulp

Beitrag von Henk Tulp »

Hi Horst

That helps a lot!. I didn't realise that I have to change some settings of the player. And apart from this I use the VLC player but this was not yet
fixed as the default one.

Thanks again
m.objects
Site Admin

Beitrag von m.objects »

Dear Henk,
you want to avoid placing the video directly onto the timeline for some reason, right?
If the video player you are using lacks the option to force on-top placement and fullscreen display without any user interaction, or if it shows some unwanted controls or window fragments during startup, there is another possible solution:
Create an new show and place only the video file onto an image track (at least one audio track will be needed, but may be left empty), then export it as an executable presentation file. By this, you embed the video into a new m.objects player folder. The contained executable in turn can be started seamlessly through any other m.objects timeline, if needed with parameter /1 or /2 or ... to direct it to the desired output device.

Best regards
Steffen Richter
Henk Tulp

Beitrag von Henk Tulp »

Thanks Steffen,

I have to make a presentation containing about 25 productions, not only m.objecs EXE but also PTE and a number of video's
Maybe it's a good ideer to place those onto the timeline.
But the PTE one's are causing problems. I understand that those are not suitable to force it to another monitor. They don't respond with the parameter /1 or /2
hora58

Beitrag von hora58 »

Has anyone tested the last suggested?
In my opinion there is a bug in the last MO Version by generating an .EXE from a show which includes a Video file ( exept WMV ).

@Steffen Richter:
Kann es sein, dass genau das zuletzt Vorgeschlagene in Build 2524 nicht (mehr) funktioniert?
Jeglicher Versuch, eine Show, welche nur ein Video enthält als .EXE zu exportieren führt zwar zu einem Präsentationsverzeichnis mit der .exe dem Video und den nötigen dlls - die exe startet auch - bleibt jedoch schwarz und hängt sich auf. Der "m.objects Screen" kann nur noch mittels Taskmanager geschlossen werden.
Der EXE Export einer Show mit nur Bildern oder/und WMV Video klappt nach wie vor. (Hier wird ja auch kein Player Verzeichnis erstellt)
Auf einer v.9.5 Installation funktioniert alles wie es soll.

VG
Horst
Zuletzt geändert von hora58 am 04.11.21, 13:53, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
m.objects X2023 (2610) Creative, XMG Neo 32GB und Nvidia GTX2070 Super 8GB , Win10/64 Pro ... | Mitglied bei www.av-dialog.de | ...
m.objects
Site Admin

Beitrag von m.objects »

Vielen Dank für de Hinweis. Bedauerlicherweise gab es in Build 2524 diesbezüglich einen Fehler, so dass es kurioserweise nur funktionierte, sobald die Show auch asynchronen Ton enthielt.
Der Fehler ist nun behoben, Build 2525 steht zum Download bereit.

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Steffen Richter
ErwinK

Beitrag von ErwinK »

Henk Tulp hat geschrieben: ... But the PTE one's are causing problems. I understand that those are not suitable to force it to another monitor. They don't respond with the parameter /1 or /2
Sorry, this is an erroneous conclusion. Try: My_PTE-Show.exe -display x (x = 1 or 2 or 3 ... for playing the show on display no. 1, 2 ...)
Antworten