Black screen in video

Plattform für technische und gestalterische Fragen und Antworten zu m.objects, der Hersteller beteiligt sich gerne...
Antworten
patster

Black screen in video

Beitrag von patster »

Hello,

A few days ago I tried to integrate some 4K Footage after installing the upgrade Panasonic Lumix S1 (https://shop.panasonic.com/cameras-and- ... -SFU2.html) which enables e.g. 4K 10-BIT 4K 30p 4:2:2 in-camera recording (additionally with V-LOG and/or LUT SUPPORT).

Format Apple QuickTime .MOV
Codec BitRate=150 - H264_422_LongGOP
BitDepth 10
FrameRate 29.97p

I only get a black screen in Mobjects.

What could be the reason ?
Txs
Patrick
m.objects
Site Admin
Re: Black screen in video

Beitrag von m.objects »

Do you have the "Hardware Decoding for Video" feature enabled through the m.objects Screen Options?
What if you toggle the actual state of this feature ("Standard" <-> "always off")?
If you send us a piece of your footage, we will check if there is a general problem with these clips.

Kind regards
Steffen Richter
patster

Beitrag von patster »

Hello Steffen,
Txs for your quick Reply.
I changed the setting to "always off" and indeed now the video runs normally.
Does this means that the GPU is not being used by the Program or is this just a decoding question of a LongGOP video ?
Greetings,
Patrick
m.objects
Site Admin

Beitrag von m.objects »

So it appears to be a hardware decoding issue. I wonder if this occurs on all graphics cards / drivers if feeded with the exact same type of video. I will hardly be able to find this out without having a video file of this type on my machine, I'm afraid. Can you send us one by mail or - in most cases better - WeTransfer or a similar service? Thank you.

Best regards
Steffen Richter
patster

Beitrag von patster »

Hello,
Txs, I send a scene by wetransfer.
BR,
Patrick
Antworten