Why are the imported MP4 playing slower ?

Plattform für technische und gestalterische Fragen und Antworten zu m.objects, der Hersteller beteiligt sich gerne...
Antworten
Jo Bogaerts

Why are the imported MP4 playing slower ?

Beitrag von Jo Bogaerts »

Hello , I am a long time user of the program using 7.1, but now I have a problem. When I import a mp4 video file in mobjects and I play it in the program , this file slow down , in a way that the first part plays but slower , with the results when the time is over not all has been showed.The music plays well and finished in the time frame, but not the images. When I play the files alone (outside mobjects)it works perfect. I tested this with different MP4 with a different time frame ( from 25 , 29.75 ,30 and 50 frame /sec) and all had the same problem. A few months ago this way did worked perfect. What should I do to fix this please ? Thanks in advance for your reply. nice regards Jo Bogaerts / Belgium
m.objects
Site Admin
Re: Why are the imported MP4 playing slower ?

Beitrag von m.objects »

In general, with m.objects v7.1 (that did not use hardware acceleration for video decoding, yet) the problem is a lack of CPU power. But in fact, it seems a bit odd to me that you encounter the same for different video files / frame rates.
You might want to install m.objects v9, run it in demo mode, activate the hardware decoding feature through the Screen Options, and try if it works fine then. In case it doesn't: You can go back to m.objects v7.1 easily just by re-installing it later (m.objects v9 will be replaced then) if you don't wish to purchase an update.
But since v7.1, there were tons of optimizations and powerful new functions implemented for both, photo/video als well as sound processing. And of course it is fully compatible to all of your existing presentations.

Best regards
Steffen Richter
Jo Bogaerts

Thanks for your reply. I have no problem to buy an update. But as I am in the middle of the creation of a big presentation of our photoclub for next month , I was hoping to do this in the program I am used to use in 7.1 ( it did work different years perfect)
mk-will

Beitrag von mk-will »

Hello, Jo,

maybe it is a good idea to tell us more about your hardware.

What CPU and graphic card do you have?
Are you using a SSD, a HDD, a NVMe as systemdrive C?
What OS is used (if Win10, what sub version: 1803, 1903, 1909)?
Are the latest drivers installed for the graphics card and the computer?
How much space is on your drive C available?

Is the video also playing slow, when using a Videoplayer on that system?

Did you use any filters in m.objects on that video?

Best regards
Stephan
m.objects
Site Admin

Beitrag von m.objects »

Dear Jo,
you don't have to worry about that. You can use m.objects v9 like m.objects v7.1 and load and play your presentation as you did before, too.
To check wether m.objects v9 solves your problem, simply save the show under a new filename. This way, you can easily go back to v7.1 in case you should decide not to update.
So I suggest to give v9 a try, it won't take more than 5 minutes.

Best regards
Steffen Richter
fotoJuraj

Beitrag von fotoJuraj »

Is it possible that MP4 playback is not handled by mObjects directly, instead it is played back by Windows utility.
As Windows is continuously being updated, they also alter media players. So it is possible that earlier versions played correctly and the new ones do not. I have seen this on other AV products where sound and visuals start running out of synchronisation, as their playback is handled by Windows media player module.
Juraj Dolanjski
Canada
m.objects
Site Admin

Beitrag von m.objects »

Dear Juraj,

the problem of playback functions being dependent on Windows itself that you outpoint there is precisely the reason why m.objects learned to do all the decoding and processing work for both video and audio material completely on its own. We started to implement this years ago, and nowerdays, the software is largely self-sufficient in this regard. Of course, there still remains some work to do for the Windows drivers to get the result to the screen/projector and speakers, but this part is not likely to become a real bottleneck through an update if drivers are not completely broken.

@Jo Bogaerts: Perhaps you can inform us about what you found out in case you had the opportunity to do some tests with v9. Thank you!

Kind regards
Steffen Richter
Jo Bogaerts

Thanks all , I did the upgrade to 9 , it works full , but now the problem of slowvideoplaying is over , but the presentation screen shows a double screen now , even the exe or mp4 are showing this.
I read in an other topic here in the forum that also the grafic card need an update. I just run this also , it don't solve my problem.
I am using NVDIA gtx 660 , it worked perfect till a few monts ago.
Will my problem be solved if I buy a new one , now availible NVDIA gtx 1650 ?

thanks for your reply
starting desperate
Jo Bogaerts
m.objects
Site Admin

Beitrag von m.objects »

What do you mean by
the presentation screen shows a double screen now
Could you provide us with a screenshot?
You may also call us while you are sitting in front of your PC (10 to 12 a.m., +49 251 97436314), much cheaper than exchanging the graphics adapter ;-)

Best regards
Steffen Richter
Jo Bogaerts

dobbel screen presentation.png
Hereby printscreen

regards Jo
Antworten